Dripto Mukhopadhyay, Founder and CEO
Dripto has 25 plus years’ experience in applied economics, social sector, consumer and market research. He worked in various roles in different premier research organisations and corporate. Dripto has worked on more than 360 research studies. He also has more than 50 publications in various journals and books etc.
Prior to launching ACRA, Dripto worked in the following organisations:
- General Manager and Head of Research and Planning – Samsung India Electronics Limited (SIEL)
- Director – Economic Research, Nielsen India Pvt. Ltd.
- Chief Economist, Indicus Analytics Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (from April 2014 till September
- Vice president – Projects, Indicus Analytics Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (from August 2008 till March 2014)
- Associate Fellow, National Council Applied Economic Research (NCAER), New Delhi
- Director – Research, MMRSS (7 months during lien from NCAER)
- Research Head & Principal Consultant– (North and East India), ICMR, a division of Planman Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (About 1 and half years during lien from NCAER)
Currently, he is also engaged as Advisor Research and Evaluation at Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) apart from running ACRA. Dripto also worked as part time advisor/consultant to organizations like Ernst and Young, NCAER, ICRIER, KPMG, Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism Management (IITTM), ICCO etc.
Major research expertise of Dripto:
Consumer economics and consumer behaviour, Industry and macro-economy related research, Development Sector- Impact evaluation studies, indexation, education, health, livelihood, employment, socio-economic development, Econometrics and statistical modelling including forecasts and advanced predictive modelling using advanced analytics, Policy oriented research including Input-Output (I-O) and Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) framework, Tourism and hospitality
He also developed expertise on developing database products on estimating unique consumer demographic data including household income distribution, income groupwise expenditure, income and item-wise expenditure, asset ownership as well as other demographics including age group distribution, occupation etc. using large scale survey data, macro-economic data and remote sensing/GIS application.
Dripto has worked with clients of international and national repute. His cliental ranges from Government to MNCs to Universities/academic institutes to NGOs. Some of the examples of clients are given below:
BMW, HUL, P&G, Toyota, Hyundai, Marico, Crisil, JLL, CBRE, Knight Frank, The World Bank, UNDP, IFC, IIMs, Coca cola, Amazon, Flipkart, ILFS, Apollo Munich, NCAER, ICRIER, Warwick University, London School of Economics, India Today and the similar ones.
He pursued his education from Faculty of Management Studies (Delhi University), Jawaharlal Nehru University and Calcutta University. He has been trained in competition and regulatory aspects from Competition Commission of India and also completed a course on “Cities and Climate Change Leadership” from The World Bank Institute, Washington.
He was Visiting Scholar to United States in 2005 for a project “US Financial System” under the auspices of the “International Leadership Programme” sponsored by United States Government. Dripto was also Keynote speaker/Guest Lecturer/Panel Discussant at various business schools and academic institutions including ISI Kolkata, Department of Business Economics, Delhi University, IIM Udaipur, IMT, Shiv Nadar University, Appejay School of Management. Amity University, Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jigsaw Academy and Uchicago, MDAE etc. He was recipient of the UGC Research Fellowship, JRF and SRF, for my M.Phil. and Ph. D. for 5 years from 1991 to 1995.
For full proposal, please see the link below
Jayanta Kumar Bandyopadhyay, Vice President, Admin
Jayanta is an ex-serviceman (Indian Airforce) and also have worked as senior official in automobile sector (Maruti Udyog, Spectra) and BFSI sector for more than 40 years. He is a commerce graduate from Delhi University. He managed large team in all organisations. ACRA admin and operations related issues are looked after by him.
Prof. (Dr.) Anuradha Banerjee, Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University
Her research areas are Urbanisation and Urban Environment; Population issues including maternal and child health; reproductive health; public health; Human Ecology; Integrated Coast Zone Management; Development Studies (Women and Child Development); Human Settlements, Issues of Uneven Development: Exclusion and Discrimination and Application of Remote Sensing and GIS. She has published four books and a large number of research papers in various journals. She is also member of various high level committees including ICSSR, IIPS, UGC-UKERI and several others.
She has worked an EC Member of The National Association of Geographers India (NAGI) and as President of INCA (Indian National Cartographic Association) in 2015. Besides, she has worked as Expert Committee Member UGC-UKIERI Joint Research Programme; Member of the Academic Council of the International Institute of Population Sciences (IIPS), Deonar, Mumbai, India 2017-2018; Member of the Expert Committee for the “Natural Resources Data Management System (NRDMS) Programme; Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India 2015-2017; Chairperson, GSCASH (Gender Sensitization Committee against Sexual Harassment), Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2015 – 2016; Adjunct Professor, Indian Institute of Dalit Studies (IIDS), New Delhi, 2013-2018; External Member of the Centre of Regional Studies, Central University of Hyderabad, 2013-2014; Joint Editor of the Annals of the Association of Indian Geographers (Published by the National Association of Geographers, India) 2011; Life Member of National Association of Geographers of India; Life Member of Bangladesh National Geographical Association (BNGA), Department of Geography and Environment, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka 1342; Life Member of Indian National Cartographic Association; Life Member of Indian Association for the Study of Population; Life Member of Society for Landscape, Ecology and Ekistics; Life Member of Indian Association for Social Sciences and Health; Life Member of Indian Society of Remote Sensing; Life Member of the Geographical Society of India; UGC nominated member of Planning and Monitoring Board, Chettinad University, Kancheepurum, Tamil Nadu (2007 to present) and Member of the Committee of Centrally Sponsored Doctoral Fellowships, ICSSR, 2011 to 2012.
Prof. Paromita Goswami, Professor, Marketing and Social Innovation, Shiv Nadar University, Noida
Paromita Goswami is Professor of Marketing and Social Innovation at Shiv Nadar University. Her PhD is from BITS Pilani and her postdoctoral work was as AAUW Fellow at University of Pittsburgh. Her teaching and research involves using marketing and consumption lenses for social and environmental good. She has published in areas of gender violence, religious violence, masculinity, sustainability, social enterprises, retailing, youth consumption behavior, marketization, clinical depression, and marketing peace.
For full profile please click the link below:
Our Guest Faculties
Dr. Minakshi Chakraborty, Deputy General Manager, Rural & Agriculture Economist –Mahindra & Mahindra (Automotive & Farm Equipment Sector)
Dr. Minakshi is a research professional with about 20 years of experience in Quantitative and Qualitative research in the field of economics and business research. She has worked in a wide range of research areas including agriculture, corruption, education, health, children and various other development aspects. I have worked extensively on various macro-economic indicators, including GDP forecasting, poverty estimation at granular level and inequality. My academic background coupled with industry experience have helped me develop several macro- economic models which have significant business implications.
She complete her Ph.D. from North Eastern Hill University. She was gold medalist for securing first position in her post graduation in economics from NEHU.
- Senior Manager- Economic Research (Oct, 2015 – Nov 2016), Nielsen India.
- Senior Economist (May 2013-September 2015), Indicus Analytics. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Economist (February 2011 – April 2013), Indicus Analytics. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Research Analyst (February 2008 – April 2011), Indicus Analytics. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Lecturer (April 2002- December 2007), Raid Laban College, Shillong.
AREA OF RESEARCH EXPERTISE
- Data handling and analysis: Expertise in handling large datasets- Primary-data collected though surveys, Secondary- unit level datasets, like, NSSO, DLHS, NDSPI, etc, Spatial- Road network and Point of interest data.
- Econometric modelling: Worked extensively in devising estimation models, formulating methods of validation, interpreting and analysing the economic and econometric relationships between different measures. The most significant econometric models used-Regression Models (OLS, Logit, Probit etc.), Principal Component Analysis, Forecasting models-Auto Regressive Model, Decomposition Analysis, Concentration Index.
- Indexation and Economic Analysis: Devised several indices to analyse macro-economic conditions and other socio-development aspects at various geographical levels.
- Engaging in client servicing- 10 years of experience in client facing roles. Understanding client requirement, provide solutions and quality check for all deliverables sent to client.
For full profile please click the link below: